10 Reasons Scandal Season One Finale Rocks (The Gladiators)
1. Columbus Short: (Harrison Wright) It’s the freaking Season Finale
2. Guillermo Diaz: (Huck) In the first 5 minutes of the show you will witness the gladiators go “Over a cliff” for each other, like never before.
3. Jeff Perry: (Cyrus Beene) The President is very vulnerable and yet he and the Vice President go absolutely head to head in this one!
4. Katie Lowes: (Quinn Perkins) There is a 10 page scene in this episode THAT WILL BLOW YOUR MIND. A 10 page scene rarely exists in TV and to get it SCANDALOUSLY good we all got together to rehearse on our lunch breaks. It was like doing theatre. It was the most fun ever and I’ll never forget it.
5. Shonda Rhimes: (The Creator) Because Mellie BREAKS IT DOWN for Olivia in a way that is stunning.
6. Tony Goldwyn: (President Fitzgerald “Fitz” Grant) Girl fight!!!
7. Bellamy Young: (First Lady Mellie Grant) – At the table read (which is when we all read the script together before shooting starts for the episode) was especially fun because Tony had to keep saying “take off your clothes” over & over – & each time he got redder & redder…
8. Kerry Washington: Olivia Pope is in FULL #Gladiator mode is a gorgeous Valentino jacket that we tried on WEEKS before but decided to save it for the season finale because it was just so special and we knew the finale would be too!
9. Judy Smith: (Co-Executive Producer/Inspiration)) I’ve seen some meltdowns during my time at the White House but the VP’s Chief of Staff Billy Chambers’ takes the cake!
10. Darby Stanchfield: (Abby Whelan) The million dollar question Olivia Pope asks at the very end of the show may make you scream at your television set.